Cooking with Little Miss Ling: Cappuccino Brownies
Just a quick blog entry today to share a simple yet delicious cappuccino brownie recipe.
225g butter, softened
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cocoa, plus extra for dusting
1 cup golden superfine sugar
3 tablespoon instant coffee powder, dissolved in 2 tablespoon hot water
50g white chocolate, broken into pieces
25g butter, softened
1.5 tablespoon milk
1 cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line the bottom of a 28x18cm baking tray.
- Sift the self-raising flour, baking powder and cocoa into a bowl. Add the butter, golden superfine sugar, eggs and coffee solution. Beat well until smooth.
- Transfer into the baking tray and smooth the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until risen and firm.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire wrack and peel off the lining paper. Let cool completely. Chill in refrigerator before frosting.
- To make the frosting, place the white chocolate, butter and milk in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water and stir until the chocolate and butter have melted. Remove from heat and sift in the icing sugar. Beat until smooth.
- Let cool completely then spread over the chilled cake.
- Dust the top of the cake with sifted cocoa.