Cooking with Little Miss Ling: Banana Bread
Many of the recipes I tried were too much like banana cake – light and spongy and a tad on the dry side. I wanted a dense and moist banana bread with an amazing richness to it, just like the one from Boost Juice.
After searching high and low, I’ve finally found it! The perfect banana bread recipe!
1 cup plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/4 cups hazelnut meal
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup golden syrup (I use the Grafschafter Goldsaft in Germany)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Line a 25 x 11cm loaf tin.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar together. Beat in the eggs until well combined.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Mix in half of the dry ingredients and half the wet ingredients into the butter/brown sugar/egg mixture until well combined. Mix in the remaining dry and wet ingredients until well combined.
- Pour batter into the lined loaf tin. Bake for 60 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Best Recipes.