Cooking with Little Miss Ling: Burgers
Every year, when summer rolls around, I gravitate towards recipes that are quick, don’t involve me sweating over a hot stove for long periods of time, and are light enough to eat in the hot weather. Now you might not think burgers are a particularly light meal, but it’s all relative for a comfort food lover like me. =p
I made burgers yesterday and noticed that my favourite burger recipe from JustB Australia has been taken offline, so I thought I’d share my version of the recipe.
- Combine all ingredients. Add dried oregano, cumin, tabasco and Worcestershire sauce to taste. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Rest the mixture for half an hour.
- Divide the mixture into 5 portions. Form each portion into a patty.
- Heat oil in pan over medium-high to high heat.
- Fry patties for 4 minutes on the first side and 3 minutes on the other side.
There’s so much flavour to these patties that I like to keep the rest of my burger quite simple. Toasted sesame hamburger bun, melted cheese, tomato, patty and lettuce, topped with tomato sauce and sriracha.